I’m prepared to sound dramatic when I say I’ve been waiting for this day for a very long time….
Cabin Girl is now a published book!
And, if signed copies are more your thing, those are now available right here on my website (with a slightly longer wait time but two custom bookmarks)!
With that exciting news comes the start of the launch tour! From today through September 24th, there is a fantastic line-up of posts, social media tags, interviews, podcast episodes, and a giveaway – all of which I’ll be sharing here as they go up each day!
Let’s dive into the specifics!
Sickness. Sharks. Sabotage. Secrecy.
In the rolling hills of 1600’s Ireland, young Éirinn O’Connell learns all she can of medicine, struggling to care for her starving family—until the night Barbary pirates raid her village, and she’s dragged from the only home she’s ever known.
Set on a course to the slave markets of Morocco, and amidst a crew as turbulent as the ocean around her, Éirinn searches for a way home. But who can she trust? And how will she survive the Captain’s constant torment? Éirinn soon discovers the danger in trusting appearances and learns that it’s never too late for a second chance.
Even for the unlikeliest of people.
Launch Tour Schedule
Monday, September 18th
- Cabin Girl Release and Giveaway! (Launch Tour: Day 1) (you are here!)
- Book Review by S. K. Jacklyn
- Author Interview by Abbigail Raine B.
- Podcast Interview by The Wordsmith’s Edge
Tuesday, September 19th
- Why You Should Read Cabin Girl (Launch Tour: Day 2)
- Author Interview by Raina Nightingale
- Author Interview & Spotlight Post by Kate Willis
Wednesday, September 20th
- Bible Verses That Remind Me of Cabin Girl (Launch Tour: Day 3)
Thursday, September 21st
- What Readers Are Saying About Cabin Girl (Launch Tour: Day 4)
- Character Interview (Captain Gills) by Issabelle Perry
Friday, September 22nd
- Fun and Random Facts About Cabin Girl (Launch Tour: Day 5)
- Spotlight Post by Saraina Whitney
Saturday, September 23rd
- What I’ve Learned While Writing Cabin Girl (Launch Tour: Day 6)
- Book Review by Elizabeth Mae Wolfram
Sunday, September 24th
- The End…and the Beginning of Cabin Girl’s Release (Launch Tour: Day 7)
- Book Review by Virginia Henderson
This week, today through the end of September 24th, there is a Cabin Girl themed giveaway! The winners will be contacted and announced September 25th!
I’m extremely excited for this, as, yes, there are prizes for one U.S. winner and one international winner!
Here are the prizes to be won:
U. S. Only:
- One signed paperback copy of Cabin Girl
- Two custom themed candles by Flickerwix
- Two custom bookmarks
- One 18″ golden compass necklace by Starlight by Silvie (Etsy)
- Lemon/ginger herbal tea
- One ebook copy of Cabin Girl
- Themed phone and desktop wallpapers
- Exclusive first chapter of Gills (upcoming Cabin Girl prequel novel)
Go ahead and take a flip through some of the prize pictures below! (Candles and wallpapers not pictured)
Good luck and happy entering!
When I first started this novel five years ago, I had no idea what was in store.
I definitely never thought I would reach this point. I dreamed about it, and wanted to work at it, yes. But I didn’t think I would honestly make it. There have been countless ups and downs.
But now, here we are.
(And this is where we do the dance of joy!)
Cabin Girl is my second published work of all time, my first full-length novel to be released, and only the first of many, many more to come, God willing!
It’s near and dear to my heart, not just because I’ve spent five years wrestling with it, but because it’s taught me so much. And now it’s brought me to this point of being ready to truly jump headfirst into my indie author journey, and – hopefully – share lots more stories with you all as time continues.
Thank you for being part of that journey! It takes a village to accomplish something like this, and I’ve had the most incredible support system getting to this point. I’m very grateful for each and every person that’s encouraged me throughout the process.
And I look forward to spending the rest of the week celebrating with you all!