It’s been a while since I participated in a blog tag, so I’m excited to share this fun post with you today! Thank you to Grace Johnson for nominating me (you can find her post here)! By far, these are some of the most unique and thought-provoking questions I’ve ever been asked, and it’s been an adventure to find my answers! Hopefully you enjoy learning a bit more about my oddball self, haha.
First of all, the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their post.
- Answer all 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award, and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your blog post.
And now, for the questions:
1. What was your worst childhood experience?
I’ll go with worst physical-pain-wise, which would be the sledding incident when I was thirteen. Long story short, I went sledding with family at my grandparent’s house, and we decided to use a steep hill. I zipped down, sitting upright, and let my sled take me off the side edge – and plunging straight down onto a solid metal lawn roller that was obscured by snow.
Let’s just say that the pain combined with the cracking of the sled made me wonder if I’d broken my back. I didn’t, but I did compact my spine (picture an accordion being bunched up). I’m still not as flexible as before, and that one spot of my back is always the first to ache when I’ve been especially active. I’ve only been sledding a couple of times since, haha.
2. What was your first ever blog post?
My very first blog post was The Stories I Tell on September 18th of 2020, and it was my way of introducing myself to ‘the world’, as a high school graduate diving into writing on a larger scale. Even though it was only last year, it’s fascinating to see how my blogging style has changed as I’ve learned more and more about the process!
3. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Well, recently dairy and I have had to part ways due to some newly pinpointed sensitivities. So none now. However, I’ve always been partial to both mint chocolate chip and French vanilla. Mint chocolate chip because I love mint and chocolate so what’s not to like? And French vanilla rather than normal vanilla because the addition of that egg just makes it better for me, haha. It’s sweeter somehow? But also not too sweet, so I like it.
4. If you could be allergic to anything, what would it be?
Hm, I’m already sensitive to a lot of things actually. Dairy, gluten, sugar, pollen…not dangerously averse to any of them, but definitely not in a happy relationship. If I had to add one though, I’d probably pick a food I don’t enjoy – like fishsticks or corn dogs. That way I’d have a good excuse for refusing to eat them, haha.
OR, if I was allergic to spiders, I’d be fully justified in avoiding them. Though that’s not nearly as practical…
5. What is your least favorite song ever?
I…can’t actually bring myself to list it here, as it’s not one I want anyone to go look up, haha. But in general, I dislike most secular rap, and I cannot stand anything with explicit lyrics (which is the main reason I dislike most rap actually). Especially the past few years, I’m especially picky with my music, because I love it and lyrics affect me very deeply. It’s all too easy for me to be negatively affected by music with worldly themes when those songs are constantly running through my head.
6. If you could meet any US president, living or dead, who would it be?
George Washington. While there are other ones I’d love to meet too, Washington has just always inspired me the most. I can’t imagine how difficult it must have been, and how much pressure was on his shoulders as the first president of the United States. And he did it with such admirable integrity, humility, and wisdom. God’s work in his life is so obvious. I’d love to meet him, though in all honesty, I’d probably be too nervous, haha.
7. You have three wishes–but there’s a catch: you’re wishing for another person. Who and what would you wish for?
Wow, this is so hard! Obviously in real life, I pray rather than wish, but for the sake of the question… There are so many people I would wish for, but if I had to just pick one, I think I might wish for the following, for my dad:
1) To be able to go on a trip with my mom – just the two of them, anywhere they wanted. Or, knowing them, for the rest of us to head somewhere else for a little while so they could stay home and still have solid and restful quality time together.
2) To have a lighter workload, i.e. some way for him to keep up with all his many responsibilities as a business owner, without being overworked and poorly rested.
3) To figure out why he has such bad headaches and how he can get them to go away. That way he can focus easier on his work, and enjoy the time he does get off.
8. Can you sing the full lyrics of any song(s)? If so, what is it (are they)?
Yes! Actually, a lot of songs – mostly Christian, and then some Disney and Broadway. Some of my random Christian favorites (that I’m constantly humming or singing to myself) include: I Will Rise, In Christ Alone, Christ the Lord is Risen Today, O Praise The Name (Anástasis), Truth I’m Standing On, Uncool, Smile (or just about anything by Sidewalk Prophets), It is Well With My Soul, Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies), and Blessings.
9. What do you want your mansion look like in Heaven?
Oh goodness, I honestly wouldn’t want to have any say in that. God will design a far better one for me than I ever could, and I look forward to exploring it some day! I know it will be perfect. I guess if I had to pick anything to include though, a bunch of hidden passageways would be awesome. Like the kind you’d find in really old, big houses. Those have always sounded really neat to me.
10. If you could change the course of any historical event, which one would it be and how would you change it?
The Holocaust. My heart breaks for every person that was affected by it. I read something once that was talking about how Christians were largely silent during the entire ordeal, and it’s always stuck with me. Sure, some people spoke up, and a few efforts were made – but we could and should have done so much more. Though I don’t know exactly how I’d change it, my main focus would be on saving lives.
11. You are given the choice to pick your dream spouse–from FICTION! Who will you be picking from any book, movie, TV show, etc.? Why them?
Wow, I…don’t even know how to start answering this question, haha. I guess if I was going to be picking someone, it’d probably be one of the guys from my own novels (yes, I’m biased). Because I’ve ‘spent’ so much more time with them, and know them so well. There’s one in particular, from my earliest full novel, whom I think I’d either be driven absolutely insane by, or we’d get along amazingly. I guess I’ll never know!
Well, thank you for sticking around and joining me in this fun activity! I hope it’s managed to bring a smile to your face today.
I’d like to nominate the following bloggers to join in, if they’d like:
1. S. J. Wunderlin @ Joyful, Thankful, Blessed
2. Julia Witmer
3. Mary @ Wild Writing Dreams
4. Raina Nightingale @ Enthralled by Love
5. Brooke Johnson @ Wings of a Writer
6. Annabeth Hazel
7. Lauryn Trimmer @ Pro Story Builders
8. Kristina Hall
9. Amelie @ Swordmaiden of the King
10. Julia @ Julia’s Creative Corner
11. YOU, if you have a blog and would like to participate!
And here are my questions for you (this is always the hardest part, haha):
1. What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen?
2. If you could only speak one word today, what would you say?
3. Describe your perfect sandwich.
4. When is the last time you laughed out loud? What did you laugh at?
5. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
6. If you could change your name, would you? If so, what would you change it to?
7. What was your favorite toy as a child?
8. On a scale from 1-10 what’s the highest level of pain you’ve ever been in? Why?
9. Are you naturally a neat or messy person?
10. Would you like to live to be 200 years old? Why or why not?
11. If you had to give up one of your five senses, which one would you choose?
Once again, thank you for joining me today! I really enjoyed answering these questions, and I hope you enjoyed reading through them as well.
I’d love to find out how YOU would answer these questions! Let me know on your own blog, or in the comments below. I look forward to hearing from you!
11 thoughts on “The Sunshine Blogger Award”
These are definitely unique questions, but you answered them so well! XD I really enjoyed reading your answers!
Haha, yes some of them definitely threw me for a loop! I’m glad you enjoyed this! 😀
It will be a pleasure to answer (most of) these questions!
(You can see what I mean when I wrote and post mine!)
I look forward to reading your answers! (Of course, don’t feel pressured to answer any that you don’t want to 🙂 )
Thanks for the nomination! Great post!
You’re welcome! And thank you! 😀
Thanks so much for accepting my nomination! I absolutely loved reading all of your answers!!!
Thank you for the nomination! I had a lot of fun! 😀